Tuesday, September 13, 2011

i'm good with the random lately...

So we'll just roll with that. ;)


Warm banana bread just out of the oven, applesauce in the crockpot, smells so good in here. :)

******
I don't know how I had an even halfway decently cleaned house with kids home all day... cleaning this place has turned into a full-time job lately. Free time? What free time??

******
I finally got some things hung in Sawyer's room yesterday (his walls have basically been bare for this past year). I put up his storypeople print (that had to be reframed after getting peed on. don't ask.), a painting of Savannah's we framed and a Sawyer version of the collage that I finally got around to doing for him. As I was tucking him in last night he gave me an extra hug and said, "Mom, thanks for making my room look so nice."
This was from a five year old.
Boy.
Love that kid.
:)

******

Speaking of Sawyer, I overheard him telling someone at church the other day that he was allergic to lions. I asked him later why he said that and his reply?
"Well, mom, I'm allergic to cats and lions are a type of cat. I think it's much cooler to say I'm allergic to lions than to dumb little cats, so from now on I'm saying I'm allergic to lions."


******

I'm not sure how our weekends get filled up so easily. For one thing, we have soccer every Saturday morning into November, but this weekend marks the start to a few extra crazy busy ones. We're headed up to STL to keep our tradition of attending the Forest Park Balloon Race/Nightglow. The kids are so looking forward to it! And seeing friends!
The following weekend Ryan and I are attending an adoption/foster care connection conference here in Brentwood for two days. The next weekend we have a weekend thing for church. By then October will be well underway!! And I really, really, really want to go camping before it gets too cold.

Man, just thinking about all that makes me think Christmas is going to be here before we know it.

Meaning, I need to get started on planning and making my gifts... Yay!

3 comments:

Heather S. said...

I LOVE that he said he was allergic to lions!! So cute!!

We can't wait to see you guys this weekend!! Call me sometime this week to chat about plans!!

jenny said...

omg! i am so stealing his 'i'm allergic to lions' bit! so am i! haha! he rocks.

sounds like you have a lot going on ... the fall rush is on! good luck with keeping the house clean. i haven't figured out how to do that with kids around. haha!

lina said...

allergic to lions, love it!!

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP