Friday, October 16, 2009

for today

Copied from the always inspirational Ali Edwards, this was a great excuse for a blog post in the midst of my slump. Feel free to do the same if you need a reason to blog today... I love reading these!

Outside my window... it's gray and drizzly... again. A whole week of rain and cold. It feels like winter (forecasted high of 49 tomorrow), only the trees are still full and mostly green. That's just not right. I think Fall forgot about us this year. Which is really too bad because the past two Autumns here have been my favorite weather wise...


I am thinking... it's a baking kind of day. Should I make apple crisp, pumpkin bread, cookies, or all of the above?


I am thankful for... a warm house, a day off


In my kitchen... I'm putting a pot roast in the crock pot for today. Yum. My kitchen is actually spotless right now... my amazing hubby made sure all the dishes were done after our dinner guests last night and I woke up to a clean kitchen!


I am wearing... gray yoga pants and a black t-shirt with barefeet. I need to get dressed to go meet my sister at the car rental place this morning. Boo.


I am creating... a list in my head of what to accomplish today with no baby.


I am going... to get my hair cut today :)


I am reading... The Doctor's Wife, Praying with Power, the book of Esther, and lots of foster care blogs :)


I am hoping... my kids stay well.


I am hearing... The Mr. Men Show on the tv. Sawyer LOVES these guys (and girls)... Mr. Happy, Mr. Strong, Little Miss Chatterbox, etc. And I love the nostalgia from back in my day :)


Around the house... We've been cleaning and organizing. Changing over summer clothes to winter, purging for garage sale and charity, reorganizing the pantry, et cetera, et cetera.


One of my favorite things right now... hot apple cider on the stove.


A few plans for the weekend... family time, a possible reunion, a little shopping and checking a few more things off my to-do list.


A picture to share...






This was awhile back on a road trip (I really haven't taken any pictures lately :( ).

Sawyer had a sticker activity book and instead of making faces in the book, he decided to change up his own face. I looked back and he was wearing about five noses, a few sets of eyebrows, a couple of hairbows and hats and what looks to be stitches in his chin.

He can always make me smile!


1 comments:

Mom said...

I loved reading your blog today,all the random little things.That picture of Sawyer put a big smile on my face too,but where did your little boy go??

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP