Tuesday, August 25, 2009

unusual quiet

All I hear is the hum of the air conditioner...
So nice.
I can't remember the last time I was alone in my house. At the very least, we had a couple of days last week of just me and Sawyer. But more often than not, for the past month, it's been a lot more than just us two... besides the other two that live here there have been Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Grandparents, friends... we've been a regular bed and breakfast around here. Complete with St Louis tourism services :)

Ryan and his dad and brother took the kids to Incredible Pizza Co for the evening as an early birthday celebration, since they're leaving tomorrow before Ryan's actual birthday.
I stayed behind because I have a dinner meeting tonight. I need to leave in a few minutes.
But for just a moment, I'm relishing the silence in my house.
Makes me want to skip my meeting and just bask in the quiet of an empty house...

before the next round of house guests arrive!

0 comments:

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP