Friday, August 21, 2009

and the busy goes on...

It's Friday and I still have a to-do list a mile long. Things have thankfully slowed down now since Savannah's been in school this week... we've had nice quiet evenings at home :) Unfortunately the slowing down hasn't been so good for my motivation. It's been hard for me to get off the couch unless I have to today.
I have been completely ex. haust. ed. the past couple of days. I mean, beyond tired. Like I have to muster up the strength to do anything and I swear I could fall asleep at any point during the day. Ryan says it's just the past four weeks finally catching up to me and of course I'm tired. I essentially haven't had a day of down time for almost a month and now that I have a few hours here and there to finally do nothing, my body is milking it for all it's worth.
I guess... but still; this is a tired like I've never known. Actually it reminds me of that never-ending, bone-tired, could sleep for 24 hours and still not feel satisfactorily rested, early pregnancy tired. Ugh.

But the busy goes on. We've had the past three days without houseguests; Jenn and Greg left Monday, Tuesday we had a playdate and errands, and Wednesday was the big First Day.
Yesterday (Thursday) Sawyer and I spent the day with our newest little buddy and his mama:













This is Caleb.
He's about five weeks old and in another month he's going to officially become a part-time member of our family... I'll be babysitting him full-time during the week starting in September. Long story -and a perfect blessing- but I got hooked up this summer with this sweet baby's mommy as she was planning for childcare this fall. He's an adorably cute baby, they are a great little family and we're all truly excited! And luckily he and Sawyer hit it off wonderfully!

Other random thoughts flying through my head:

Last night we finally booked our trip back home this fall. It'll have been more than two years since Savannah and I have been back to Oregon. That's just crazy. I don't know how I'm going to cram everything I want to do and everyone I want to see into two weeks, but there it is.

Meanwhile, I have a house to clean for dinner guests tomorrow and also the arrival of Ryan's dad and brother. They're staying for five days or so, which will be their first visit out here so that'll be fun. I'm sure we'll stay busy showing them St Louis and letting Grampa Dave enjoy his grandkids!

Also,
I have a couple of projects I have got to get done this weekend for a meeting next week.
Laundry to do.
I want to sort through all our baby boy stuff and see what might work to send to my sister.
I still haven't mailed out my mom's birthday present (her b-day was a week ago!).
Speaking of birthdays, Ryan's is next Friday and I haven't the slightest idea what to get or do. I'm bummed about that. I love birthdays and I am completely at a loss on providing a super special day for him. I'm just feeling too worn out to be creative. You all know my love of making birthday cakes, and yet a Costco cake is sounding pretty good to me right about now, that's how drained I am.

I'm hoping to get the in-betweens of this summer filled in on the ol' blog sooner rather than later... all our visitors and trips. Lots of pictures and stories to tell.
Coming some day!



1 comments:

K.M.L said...

You deserve a break!!! You have been super busy!

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP