Monday, May 4, 2009

unusual

Ryan got up early and left for work as usual at 6 o'clock this morning.
As usual, I barely heard him get up and get ready and leave as I rolled over and dozed some more.
Sawyer got up as usual just before 7.
He and I had some breakfast, got some chores started and hung out watching some tv before I had to wake Savannah up for school just before 8 (oh the rare morning that she sleeps in!!). She was OUT. She didn't wake with me just coming in or opening the blinds... I had to physically wake her up. I helped her pick out some clothes and got her going and then headed back downstairs.

And then froze in my tracks as I heard Sawyer talking to someone downstairs in the living room.
And then a deep unfamiliar man's voice talking to my son.
It wasn't the tv, it was someone actually having a conversation with my son.

Oh my, that was not a good feeling.
Turns out it was Ryan... he has basically lost his voice apparently catching some miserable version of the cold virus stuff that Sawyer had a week or so ago.
He didn't call to tell me he was coming home for the day, he was all but fine yesterday, and I sure wasn't expecting to come downstairs and find him sitting on the couch at 8 o'clock in the morning.
Sneaking into my house with a strange strangled voice. Sheesh. Give me a heart attack why don't you.

3 comments:

AshleyB said...

OMG!! that would scare me half to death! Even though we live in a friendly neighborhood, I'm paranoid & always tell Tiegan not to answer the door by herself. Hope Ryan feels better soon though!

jenny said...

that would have TOTALLY freaked me out! what a creepy feeling. happy to hear it was just the man of the house.

Nicole said...

YIKES! That happened in our house not too long ago. I got up, got the kids downstairs, we hung out all morning, had lunch and then I was putting them down for nap and walked into our bedroom to find a big man lump in our bed! I thought he had died in his sleep or something!

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP