Saturday, January 3, 2009

saturday night

I think I'm officially gamed out.
Those of you who know me, know that is a difficult statement for me to make.

We got a bunch of new games for Christmas this year and took them plus our good old standbys when we went to the lake last week. We played games almost constantly for the two whole days we were there. And we played a lot here at home with my parents before that. And again on New Years Day with our friends.

Ryan and I were talking about what we should do tonight. My first instinct is "play a game?"... but I realized I'm actually for the first time in my life kind of sick of playing games right now.
We were talking at dinner tonight about the possibility of some out of town friends coming in this month. I started saying, Oh, we could have a game night if they came in on the weekend so they could see lots of friends and we could play some new games.... And then I stopped myself.
Even thinking three weeks from now, I'm not sure I'll be ready to play yet.
I'm suffering from game overload of the last two weeks!

******

Savannah's having her first sleepover away tonight, spending the night with a friend from school.

Sawyer and Ryan have spent a fair amount of "boy time" downstairs in the basement this evening bowling and playing "pool ball" as Sawyer calls it. With football on the tube of course.

We had a nice quiet dinner (of New Years leftovers) and I'm thinking some peppermint ice cream would top that off nicely.

Later Ryan and I are planning on watching Eagle Eye tonight. Hope it's good.

That's our excitement for this Saturday night. Can you beat that?

2 comments:

K.M.L said...

I think I can beat your Sat. night! ;) Mike had to work a MU basketball game all day, then went straight to work (3-11) and then is going to play poker with some work buddies. Me...well, I've been procrastinating cleaning and putting stuff away and I'm on my 4th load of laundry. fun times!

Christy said...

Tell me what you thought about the movie-- Ry and I loved it. We went to dinner and did our budget--- We are crazy partiers. LOL

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP