Tuesday, May 13, 2008

wednesday confessional on tuesday

How's that for a clever post title? hehe.

I've determined to stay off the computer tomorrow. Well, 'stay off the computer' may still be a very loose definition... I'm just going to scale back my blogging/blog reading/dinking around time a bit. From the looks of my house, being busy and being sick don't pair together well. This place is Trashed. Notice the capital T. So I'm devoting tomorrow to laundry and vacuuming and dishes and digging out the playroom and oh yeah, there are probably 2 kids to entertain thrown in there somewhere tomorrow. And I have a feeling all of that will take most every waking hour and sadly leave minimal time for extra-curricular activities.

So I'm here for my confessional early.

Forgive me bloggers, for I have spent.
I did great this past week. Until Monday. I blame it on being sick. I blame it on the weather. Or better yet, I blame it on my husband. If he hadn't dragged me against my will, kicking and screaming, into Costco (really, it's true!)(alright, I probably shouldn't lie in the confessional)... I would never have transgressed. Really, it all started with an innocent Polish Dog. We needed a few things from Costco and decided to make a dinner date out of it. I'd have let that one slide. Honestly, if you go to Costco and don't get the $1.50 lunch, that might be considered a sin itself. So we had our dinner in the food court. And it all went downhill from there. Adorable! Carters! Sundresses! And Osh Kosh Polos. And summer pajama sets ...of which I could rationalize, as both kids finally outgrew all of their summer jammies. Sawyer's been wearing white undershirts and his boxer briefs (over a diaper... don't jump to conclusions) to bed these warm nights. Pretty cute if you ask me, but the kid could probably use some real pajamas.
So yes, I bought SJ 2 sundresses, Sawyer a shirt and a set of pajamas. But I'm sticking the pajamas in the need column.

And the final sin expenditure? Tonight I went out to dinner with Heather. We ate here and had a long, leisurely, wonderfully quiet Mom's night out. And it was worth every penny if you ask me. I might just tack that one on the need side too.

That's it. And I solemnly swear to no spending for the rest of the month.
Or trying at least...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish i could have joined you tonight :(

for the record, i am applauding your effort. and though i have not the guts to take on this challenge, i admit that i am paying more attention to what i'm spending our money on. so, thanks!

Burgh Baby said...

Every time I go to Costco, I feel like I should just hand them all my money at the door. It doesn't matter what I find inside, I'm going to buy too much stuff, so maybe we could just skip all the formalities?

jessica said...

your enthusiasm about sundresses makes me want to go little girl shopping. aaack, RESIST!

Anonymous said...

Have you seen this site? People confess their sins online, anonymously! http://iconfessmyself.blogspot.com

jenny said...

by the sounds of it, i'm glad we don't have a costco that is near or i'd be in trouble! :)

good luck on the rest of the month - i'm not sure i would last a week!

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP