Wednesday, September 26, 2007

i also heart peanut butter playdough

Savannah's been contentedly playing with Peanut Butter Playdough for the past hour or so. She is loving it!!
For the past few years, I've been meaning to make this for her, as to me it's a childhood staple. I remember so many afternoons of playing with this stuff. My sister and I would help my mom make it up and then we would make endless people, snowmen and cakes all decorated out with everything we could find in the cupboards... marshmallows, chocolate chips, raisins, pretzels, shredded coconut, even dry pasta and spaghetti noodles!! (oooh, that's a good idea... I should color some pasta for next time!)
And when all was said and done, we would slice up our little pizza or cake or gingerbread men and pop it in our mouth, bit by bit. Easy clean-up, haha!
Yummy.
And fun. What more could you ask for?

Like I said, I've been thinking about making this for my own kids for a while, but just never got around to it. I never remember to get powdered milk at the grocery store. Sawyer, with all his allergies, has yet to try peanut butter or nuts, so I was waiting on that as well.
However, when we ate at Peanut Butter and Ellie's the other day, they had a little souvenir playdough kit with a little rolling pin and cookie cutters and everything, and I couldn't resist. We took one home.
So now my kids have had their first taste (literally) of Peanut Butter Playdough... and we love it!!

Here's the recipe:
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2 tbsp honey
1 cup nonfat dry milk

Mix Honey and Peanut Butter together until blended. Mix in Powdered Milk until playdough is dry enough to shape into balls. Store in airtight container.

If you're nervous about the honey for little ones where raw honey is still a no-no:
substitute 1 cup light corn syrup and 1 cup powdered sugar for the honey.

And I also found a no milk version... she says it tastes better than using the milk? Just substitute corn meal, corn flour, or corn muffin mix (like Jiffy-mix) for the powdered milk.

Make it, play with it, eat it! Love it!!

0 comments:

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP