Wednesday, August 14, 2013

lovely day

Ever since school started we've had hot, humid, thundery, rainy weather.
Much to the kiddo's chagrin, we haven't been to the pool for over two weeks.
But we woke up this morning and it felt like a fresh, beautiful fall day.  Cool clear and sunny blue skies. :)

I promised the kids that we would hit the pool as soon as we got a sunny day.  But the weather was just too perfect, so we changed up our plans.  It's rare that a day in mid-August around here is actually enjoyable to be active outside... and not have to be in the water to be comfortable. ;)

So as soon as SJ got home from school and Ryan got home from work, we grabbed a picnic dinner and hit the park.  Low to mid-seventies with a cool breeze in TN in August?  Oh yes, I'll take it.

We walked some paths and we enjoyed some dinner and we met another great dane (puppy)(that was already as tall as Clementine) and the kids played on the playground for what seemed like forever.
It was such a nice day, I just couldn't get over it.
In fact, I had that old Bill Withers' song "Lovely Day" playing non-stop in my head... :)
this kid LOVES swinging :)
Then I look at you
And the world's alright with me
Just one look at you
And I know it's gonna be
A lovely day... lovely day, lovely day, lovely day...



and this furry kid loves watching all the kids play :) "someone come pet me!!!"

0 comments:

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP