Monday, November 14, 2011

monday morning

Reeeeaallly rough morning around here.
Oh I'm really struggling with a certain eight year old lately.
And oh do I sometimes envy moms with just boys. Maybe it's just my boy, but compared to my girl... once they hit about the age of three or four?? One hundred and ten times easier.

So it's 7:41 am.
And I'm taking a deep breath and starting over.
I hope my kids can do the same once they walk into their classrooms.

We had a fun weekend with the Swinigans here. I so love that we have friends that make the drive and come spend time with us here. We had a great time just hanging out, catching up, went to the zoo on Saturday and just enjoyed all of each other's company for the couple of days.

After they left midday on Sunday Ryan took off to go work on the 4Runner at his friend's garage and I took the kids out to rent a movie and stop by our local thrift store which was having a 50% off the entire store sale. We collected twelve books (most of which were Little House books for SJ) and eleven mens t-shirts (for a project I'm tackling) all for $11.09. Score!
We came home and turned on the movie(this one; pretty cute by the way), had a mishmash of find whatever you want for dinner, and everyone went to bed nice and early last night.

Apparently even our early bedtimes didn't help our morning though. :/
Welcome to the new week.
I'm trying to compile a list of what I need to get done in the next five days. My parents and sister arrive on Saturday for a week. And then the kids only have a two day school week before Thanksgiving... so looking forward to having everybody home! It seems like this month has been crazy... on the tail end of just starting to feel like the chaos of fall/school starting was just calming down. I can't believe next week is Thanksgiving. And then we'll blink and it'll be Christmas!
This whole life thing really needs to slow the heck down.

1 comments:

Mom said...

Can you imagine having 4 GIRLS,(on a Monday morning) !! xox

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP