Monday, June 8, 2009

whirlwind

We had a whirlwind of a weekend around here.
It's Monday afternoon already and I feel like I'm still spinning.

Saturday we were up and out early doing yard work before it got too hot and then we spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon with a couple of extra kids (a baby and a toddler) around while babysitting for friends. We were still trying to get a few things done around the house as we found out that we were to expect travelling house guests for Sunday night. I also had to work on a couple of baby shower project/gifts.

Sunday we had church, then a bbq baby shower for lunch/early afternoon, arrived home to meet the Robertsons just getting into town, took them swimming and spent the rest of the evening hanging out enjoying good food and good weather together. Then we stayed up way too late, first trying to keep a few stubborn kids in bed, and then just grown-up chatting away until way past our bedtimes.

The Robertsons stuck around for awhile this morning and we had more fun visiting. Savannah is at a VBS day camp all this week so she was gone and Sawyer was just revelling in a house full of boys!!... "look at all these BOYS!" he kept saying, thrilled to have an extra dad and three more rough and tumble boys in the house. That is definitely rare around here with our multitude of girl friends and Sawyer was just soaking it in!
Then we saw our friends off after having lunch out with Ryan near his office.

Sawyer and I just now got home and I'm hoping he'll take a much needed nap.
I was hoping I could take one too... but I have a million things to get done this week. I need to get myself organized! I have been so craving planning and organization lately... it's strange. I guess it's just because I know how much I want to accomplish this summer; both project wise and fun wise, and I know how fast the time is going to get away from me if I don't do something about it. I need to be proactive with our summer this year. I want to take full advantage!

Happy Monday!

0 comments:

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP