Monday, February 9, 2009

dude, where's my weekend?

I guess I blinked and the weekend is gone already. Cram packed full and go go go and now here it is Monday already. More than halfway thru Monday already.

Highlights:

- Went out for an adults only dinner with friends with some yummy beer and yummy food.

- Aforementioned dinner was followed by attending a Cirque du Soleil show here in town. Always awesome. I've said it before and I'll say it again... and again and again... if you haven't seen Cirque du Soleil, you need to see Cirque du Soleil. Check their schedule for a tour near you. And check again and again and again.

- Our Sunday family movie night selection was E.T. Why did I not remember some of the language and attitudes and iffy behavior of some of those scenes?? I guess my memory failed me after twenty-seven years. I about fainted when I said outloud that it had been twenty seven years since I had seen it. Has it really been that long since I was six and a half??? Anyway, it was fun to watch again (for the first time in twenty-seven years) and the kids both loved it.

-Gorgeous weather... can't really ask for better than seventy degrees and sunshine in February!!

*****
This morning Sawyer and I went to the public lottery to try and get him into the church preschool at the end of our neighborhood for next fall. He got the #14 spot out of 16 in the last class available. Phew! It'll be so nice to be so close to the school... we walked down there last Monday for the pre-registration and it was such a nice (albeit chilly) morning, I was just delighted at the thought of being able to do that and it only taking five minutes to walk him to school twice a week. One minute if it's yucky out and we drive. Yes!

Hmmm... I just realized that theoretically, I may not need a car next fall. We've been talking alot about vehicles lately, not that we're looking for one at this point in time, but to add another child to our family, we do need to talk about it and have a plan in place. So it just occured to me that possibly, maybe, we could feasably get away with being a one car family for a bit. Both the preschool and the elementary school are within walking distance of our home, as is our church where I have a morning Bible study weekly, MOPS bimonthly, and help out in the office off and on. Ryan carpools, so he only actually drives his car in to work every third week, leaving it in a parking lot less than a mile from our house each day for the two weeks in between. There's no reason I couldn't just keep the car on his off weeks.
That might be an interesting thought to explore. I sure would get a lot more productive things done around here if a car to run out and do whatever on a whim wasn't so readily available all of the time.

Speaking of which, I've got to get busy around here. I was close to feeling June Cleaver-ish last week with a clean house every day... spotless kitchen and dishes too, which is an amazing feat for me! Somehow our whirlwind weekend left this house absolutely trashed, and even though we were away all morning this morning, no magic fairies came and did dishes or attacked this mess for me. I suppose I should attempt to regain a small semblance of order around here before the day's over already.

3 comments:

Jac said...

Hi Heather,

I was doing some searching on where you got your black dining table, but I can't seem to find the exact post. I am actually trying to find the name of the line and the brand. Would you mind emailing me this info? I am doing some furniture shopping :).

Thanks,
Jacqueline

Nicole said...

I want to go to cirq du soleil... we looked into it last summer but it was in June right when we moved....

Nicole said...

errr. cirque HAHA!

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP