Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Cyclops

I never know with Heather. Some times when she wants me to come home early from work or not go to work at all it is "just a headache" or maybe just one too many bad days with the kids. But other times it seems that I am finding a dentist for an emergency root canal, or an urologist for a kidney stone, and now today I got to search for an opthamologist for an emergency visit. It seems like it is nothing or an emergency.
I got to work at about 7:10 am and I left work at about 8:30 am, of which about 20 minutes of that was calling opthamologists to see if they could see Heather right away. And just so you know the closest two opthamologists are over 20 miles away from home. I got home just in time to see Heather Swinigan pick up Savannah for dance class and for me and Heather to get the portable DVD player and some snacks for Sawyer. And off we went to the eye doc.
Sawyer did a very good job in the waiting room. Snacks and a DVD do wonders for that kid.
I was pretty sure that Heather just got something in her eye but it turns out that she has a tear in her cornea. The doctor removed the flap created by the tear and sent her home with a big patch of gauze over her eye and a couple of scripts. And I am still wondering why the gauze is attached by scotch tape...maybe they were out of medical tape?
I decided to stay home the rest of the day so that I could pick up Savannah and do the school routine with her. That would allow Heather to rest her eye(s) and plus I have been enjoying calling Heather "my cycloptic friend" all day long.
(Since Heather won't let me take a picture of her....I guess you will just have to imagine a picture of Heather laying on the couch armed with her computer, tylenol with codiene, a blanket, and a big white eye patch)
Thanks again to Heather Swinigan for taking SJ to dance and keeping her until school! She had a good time.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Aww come on, Ryan... you have to be able to sneak a picture SOMEHOW! We want to see Cyclops! LOL!

Heather- I hope you're feeling better soon.

PS.. I thought I remembered you saying in your survey post that you didn't think you were all that accident prone. A torn cornea? HEH? How does that happen? LOL!

K.M.L said...

Heather, I hope you are feeling better. It looks like you need an accident and injury counter too! ha! Seriously, Ryan thanks for taking care of my friend and Heather, I hope you feel better soon!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

OUCH. Hope your eye heals fast, Heather!

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP