Monday, January 28, 2008

the weekend's over...

...and I'm not ready.

We had a good one; Saturday we took the kids to the Magic House and had a blast. Then we came home and napped and cleaned up the house a bit. Ryan and the kids played outside with the neighbors and I went out and ran a couple of errands. Fun errands, as I got to buy pretty stuff for my house... window treatments and new throw pillows and new sheets for our "new" bedroom. I've struck out on the window treatments so far, but everything else is looking good. I'm headed to a couple fabric stores today to see if I can find anything I like.
Then Saturday night all the guys in the neighborhood came over for a night of poker and pool and I went across the street to visit with one of the wives. It was really nice, as she and I haven't hung out much at all and I don't know her well, so it was nice to visit and chat for a bit. The Chocolate Martinis we made up were nice too!!

Sunday Ryan volunteered to get up with Sawyer and after they went downstairs I actually slept in a bit (till 7:45) before I had to get up to shower. The even better thing was, Savannah slept in... she slept all the way past 8:30 when we had to wake her up to go to church!! I honestly cannot remember EVER having to wake her up for ANYTHING other than something like 4AM plane trips. I don't believe she has ever slept that long. I was fully prepared to find her sick that morning, but no... she was bright and happy and proud of herself for sleeping so long! Now if only that would become more of a habit...

After church we went to Costco and had lunch (can't beat the $1.50 lunch deal!!) and grabbed a few things and then headed home for a family naptime. It was beautiful and almost 60 degrees outside, so we didn't sleep long and met up with the Swinigans at Zachary's Playground. We stayed till almost dark and the kids ran themselves ragged. They both about dropped into bed last night. It was a good day.




















Savannah loved watching the geese walking out on the ice to get to the fresh water in the middle of the pond...













Now it's Monday morning and I'm moving slowly. I wanted to take the kids out for a long walk (both as part of my "dieting" and also because it's supposed to snow tomorrow and off and on again all week. Crazy weather.) but it's gray and cloudy (and early) and I just want to curl up here on the couch and sleep some more. I don't think my motivation has woken up yet this morning...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend.Are you going to share pictures? XOXO

Anonymous said...

Thank You!XOXOXO

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP