Wednesday, November 14, 2007

a good wednesday night

This is a good Wednesday night.
Just finished folding my last load of laundry,
sitting here with hair color on my hair,
eating a fantastic bowl of Edy's Slow Churn Peppermint Ice Cream,
found one of my favorite movies on TV,
just vegging on the couch.

*********
And BAM!
My laptop goes dead.

Yes, that's right. I'd no sooner pulled up my computer, typed all of six lines, and suddenly my screen goes black. I can't get it back on for the life of me. It did this once before, and I thought we needed a new power cord. Turns out all I needed was for Ryan to come home from work. Does this happen to anyone else?
I can make my way around a computer as well as the next person. Ryan thinks I'm pretty pc illiterate but that's really just because when he's around, it's faster and easier to have him figure stuff out for me if I have problems or run into something new. But when I have to, I'm pretty good at feeling my way around a computer.
Well, any issues we have ever had with any computers, always, without fail happen on my watch. And then magically as soon as Ryan tries the same thing that I have been begging my computer to do for the previous four hours... it works. And I look like an idiot. Even if I had already tried the exact. same. thing. that he did.

So the last time the laptop died, it warned me the battery was low, which confused me because I had it plugged in. But after checking, I realized the cord wasn't getting any power. The battery eventually died, the whole thing shut down, and after trying numerous different outlets and periodically fiddling with the cord and all the connections, I gave up and reported to Ryan that we needed a new power cord. He gets home from work that night and wiggled one connection and guess what little green light came on? Oh, that made me so mad!

So I'm hoping tonight it's the same story. I have no power in my cord. But I never got a low battery warning before everything turned off and it kind of went off with a zap like it got a shock or something, so I'm a little worried. But Ryan will be home from soccer soon, and as much as it drives me crazy, I'm counting on the fact that as always, all he needs to do is touch it and it will be healed.

So where was I?
Oh yeah, my nice relaxing night.
Well after messing with my non responsive laptop, I finally rinsed the color from my hair and now I'm down in our concrete basement on the desktop blogging once again. And I can assure you it won't be for long. We don't even have a desk chair down here. Just a little stool. And a big screen and awkward keyboard I'm not used to. I should write down here more often; I probably wouldn't ramble on as much.

Anyway, I was talking to Nicole tonight and she was asking about pictures of the new lights and the dining room table, and then I realized that I never posted finished pics of Savannah's bedroom or the kids' bathroom either. So I was going to do a little house update photo post, but guess where my pictures are? Well the dining room ones anyway. The old ones are down here, but my Photoshop is on the laptop and so I can't size them for the web down here and I'm not up for sitting down here on a stool freezing while I upload huge pictures onto slow-a$$ Blogger. So it looks like that will have to wait for another day and this post turned into simply whining about my computer issues. Aren't you glad you tuned in for that?!

I'm going upstairs for more ice cream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummmmmm.That would have to be Dryers for us. The Egg Nog and Cream sounds really good too! I hate to mention that we had(gulp) Beaver tracks for the B-day.

Ryan said...

it has been fixed....again!
i was not able to fix it last night, or even this morning...but when i got home from work i got it running again. the magic is back. and here i thought that we might "have" to get a new laptop...

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP