Thursday, November 8, 2007

adventures in babysitting and bathtubs

Tonight we are looking forward to our first babysitting experience since we moved. Well not the first babysitting experience in general (I've left them with friends and visiting grandparents), but the first pay some girl off the street to watch my kids experience. Wow. Doesn't sound too good when I put it that way does it? lol!

Anyway, we met this girl a few weeks back who lives down our street and she's coming over tonight to watch the kids while Ryan and I finish up our Love and Logic class. Savannah's excited. I hope it works out well, as it's so convenient that she's just up the road!

In anticipation of a babysitter bedtime tonight, and as a time killer after lunch, I gave my kids a big and forever long bubble bath in our bathtub, complete with tub paints and crayons. It was fun. Although I let it get me a little stressed, as I pulled out my camera and tried to get a few more shots like this one from this past July...
























(I'm wanting to get a few shots like these printed on canvas and hang them right here above the tub)














But I got a little overly frustrated with those two. I have to remember that I seem to only be able to get good shots like those by chance. My kids will not pose, will not do as I ask them to when it comes to pictures, will not look at the camera naturally, and that's all beside the fact that they were having too much fun in the tub to care about my agenda. Too splashy and too silly. So I put it away.
This is all I got before that:
























And a few more silly ones...







































Even Ruby wanted in on the fun...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think the one of the two of them facing you with their feet on the edge of the tub would be worthy of blowing up... i think that's really cute. :)

jessica said...

Those are some VERY cute uncooperative kids!

Anonymous said...

Great photos, although I know how frustrating it can be! After chasing Tiegan around for 1/2 hour and STILL not getting a clear shot, I always put my camera down in a huff. I think the one with their feet on the edge of the tub is way too adorable not to print.

Nicole said...

I think these are great! I love the feet one. I think some kind of collage or something using a few of these pics would be great in that space. I'm so jealous of the natural light you have in your bathroom!!

The feet one... did that get blown out when you converted it or is it blown out right out of camera? If its from editing, if you want I can dink with the conversion so the whites aren't blown.

Nicole said...

One more thing... I still think I love the one from July the best. Something about how natural and casual it is. I love it!!

(again... I can play around with your conversion on that pic to avoid those blow outs)

Amy said...

such cute pics!

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP