Thursday, December 31, 2009

the 365 of 2009

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?

watched my youngest child learn how to ride a bike, tiled a kitchen backsplash, visited Connecticut and Rhode Island, completed training for Missouri State Foster Care, took on infant childcare full time

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Last year my goal was buckling down with a budget and, well, mark another resolution in the fail column. I did do better as far as groceries... I think I cut that bill fairly well and stuck to planning and lists and was better with coupons.
I'm working on a whole list of things to make 2010 better... more to come on that.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Kasey, Erin and Heidi

4. Did anyone close to you die?

no

5. What countries/states did you visit?

Stayed in the states again this year... hit South Dakota, Oregon, and added Rhode Island and Connecticut to the list.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

discipline and motivation

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
Evan's birth day and Levi's birth day... can't think of any other dates that stand out.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
hmm... achievement makes me think of a lot of effort put into something, and nothing big like that comes to mind.

9. What was your biggest failure?
budgeting. and losing weight. and not being the parent I know I should be.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
nope

11. What was the best thing you bought?
?

12. Who's behavior merited celebration?
Last year I said my husband and I'm going to have to go with the same answer this year. He has been absolutely amazing... dealing with me and our crazy summer and fall this year, taking up more than his share of slack with the house and the kids and even helping out with the kid around here that's not his... he's got more patience for me than I'd dare hope from anyone.

13. Who's behavior made you appalled or depressed?
someone who I thought was a good friend.

14. Where did most of your money go?

the mortgage, trips, entertaining

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

road trips, birthdays, dinner parties, haircuts, new babies

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?

I've Got a Feeling, Black Eyed Peas

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
happier
b) thinner or fatter? the same
c) richer or poorer? poorer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

time management, blogging, taking pictures

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

spend money, procrastinate (as usual)

20. How did you spend Christmas?

here at home, in our jammies all day playing games together.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?

Yes; with my new boyfriend, a certain Sailor named Jerry ;)

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Lost and Big Love

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

no

24. What was the best book you read?

reading- Hold On To Your Kids by Dr. Gordon Neufeld. Amazing.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
hmmm....

26. What did you want and get?

a point and shoot camera


27. What did you want and not get?

thinner
a new car
a baby

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Away We Go

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

Absolutely nothing... I opened a few presents earlier in the week, Savannah had cheerleading practice that night, and we didn't even have a cake! I turned 34.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
completing an adoption

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

Still a jeans and t-shirt mom for the most part, guess I'll always be? I did branch out a bit and made a conscience effort for more prints and textures and definitely accessories on the t-shirt half of that jeans and t-shirt ensemble... and gotta have the cute shoes.

32. What kept you sane?

I think my sanity was in question this year. My husband, again, was my life saver. And see Sailor Jerry answer above. Also knowing there were girls I could count on for real in my life; Kasey, Heather, Sarah... they're the ones that "get" me right now.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I still have a thing for Robert Downey Jr...

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

not very stirred...

35. Who did you miss?

Annie, ironically moreso when I spent a couple of days catching up with her... realizing how much of her life -big stuff in her life- I've missed out on. It reminded me how much I love, admire, appreciate and miss her and her family. And it made me sad that I struggle so much with keeping up on long distance relationships. :(

36. Who was the best new person you met?

Sarah Pearson... what a special friend.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.

time stops for no man...

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

It takes a thought to make a word
And it takes some words to make an action
It takes some work to make it work
It takes some good to make it hurt
It takes some bad for satisfaction
It takes some cold to know the sun
It takes the one to have the other
And it takes no time to fall in love
But it takes you years to know what love is
It takes some fears to make you trust
It takes those tears to make it rust
It takes the dust to have it polished
It takes some silence to make sound
It takes a loss before you found it

Ah la la la la la la life is wonderful
Ah la la la la la la life goes full circle
Ha la la la la la life is wonderful
Ha la la la la la life is meaningful
Ha la la la la la life is wonderful
Ha la la la la la life it is...so... wonderful
It is so meaningful
It is so wonderful
It is meaningful
It is wonderful
It is meaningful
It goes full circle
Wonderful
Meaningful
Full circle

0 comments:

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP