Monday, January 17, 2011

more refined

I have more gifts to list as well as [finally!!!] house pictures.
We even had a pretty eventful weekend; company and a date night (made especially romantic by me trying to pass out in the middle of a crowded restaurant!)(and no, it wasn't due to drinking!!) and the kids had friends spend the night.

But I'm on day 10 -yes TEN- of being home with the kids... after a whole school week canceled due to the snow and ice being sandwiched in between two lazy weekends and then with today being a holiday. And I could say I'm not blogging any of this stuff because I'm soaking up the last of our togetherness time before they both head back to school tomorrow, but honestly I'm just lazy tired.

So instead I'll fill in with these song lyrics that have been sitting in my que for a few weeks -a result of being pretty much on constant repeat in my head- as they so perfectly reinforce my "Refining" theme for the new year.

It's coincidentally (or not) titled Refine Me by Jennifer Knapp, and has been one of my favorite songs for years and years.
(oh who am I kidding, I have at least two dozen favorite songs from all her first few albums so I can't really legitimately claim a favorite)

*****
I come into this place
Yearning to receive your peace
I come with my own chains
From wars I've fought for my own selfish gain
You're my God and my Father,
I've accepted your Son
But my soul feels so empty now
What have I become?

Lord, come with your fire,
Burn my desires; refine me
Lord, my will has deceived me
Please come and free me
Refine me

My heart can't see
When I only look at me
My soul can't hear
When I only think of my own fears
They are gone in a moment
You're forever the same
Why did I look away from You
How can I speak Your name?

Lord, come with Your fire,
burn my desires; refine me
Lord, my will has deceived me
Please come and free me
Come rescue this child
For I long to be reconciled to You

It's all I can do
To give my heart and soul to You
And pray, and pray, oh I will pray

Refine me, refine me
Refine me, refine me

1 comments:

Mom said...

Think I need a bit of an explanation of that first paragraph....please..XOXOXO

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP