Friday, October 30, 2009

rain rain go away

I am
So
Very
Tired
of
This
Rain.

And I'm from the Pacific Northwest, so you know it must be bad if I'm saying that. We don't drown easily.

In our area here, I heard last week that we were over the yearly average of rainfall by about 8 inches. Pretty much that entire 8 inches has been in the month of October. In comparison, normally the wettest month of the year is November with an average rainfall of 4.06". Last week when I heard that report, I think at that point we'd had like 8.75 inches of rain this month. And that was a week ago. I think since then we've had rain almost every day and we got up to 3 more inches dumped on us last night. I woke up in the middle of the night and I'd never heard it raining so hard. For a good fifteen minutes... I was honestly surprised the kids didn't wake up. It's still raining this morning. Flooded roads everywhere.

So we're a little water logged.
And sick of being indoors. It's no fun to go anywhere when you have three kids to get in and out of the car in the pouring rain. And it's been cold and gray and dark and dreary. I don't think we're supposed to be coming down with Seasonal Affective Disorder by October.

There's a mom from Sawyer's speech class and I guess they just moved here this summer as she was commenting that she was questioning their move with all this gross weather. Us other moms were trying to convince her that the fall season here isn't normally like this, that this is by far the wettest October in the record books for St Louis, that we often have beautiful warm indian summer type Octobers. Apparently you give some and you take some.
The last two years we've been out in short sleeves and sunshine on Sawyer's birthday... last year he was too warm in his bear costume on Halloween and Savannah trick-or-treated in her short sleeved little Goldilocks dress just fine.
This year we're praying for a single dry day, wearing golashes and bundling up. Yuck.

0 comments:

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP