Wednesday, December 31, 2008

the past 365 days

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

made a pie from scratch, sent my kid off to kindergarten, had family here with us for Christmas

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Last year I simply decided to a)drink more water b)use a pedometer and set actual goals for walking more. I definitely did and do drink more water. I'm in the habit of almost always having a glass of water around and drink it all day. I did use a pedometer for a month... and not any more than that. Walking did not happen as I had hoped. There's always next year.
My only new resolution is pertaining to our plan of revamping our budget and buckling down and sticking to it.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

My sister in law Holly holds wins the gold star for this one as she was my answer to this question last year... and this year again!! Our third niece Tatum was born in November! Also Nicole had Hudson, Katie had Nolan and Amie had Solomon.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

no

5. What countries did you visit?

just other states in the good ol' US of A

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

last year I said friends... moving across the country twice in one year is not real conducive for building tons of friendships. I'd have to still go with that answer as building real friendships is really taking some time here.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Spring Break in Chicago with the blog girls
August 18th: Savannah's first day of Kindergarten
November 1st: Taking Sawyer to a NHL game for the first time
November 4th: Barak Obama elected President
December 8th: Patty's visit

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
hmm... achievement makes me think of a lot of effort put into something, and nothing big like that comes to mind.

9. What was your biggest failure?
budgeting. and losing weight.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
nope

11. What was the best thing you bought?
a car

12. Who's behavior merited celebration?
my husband. He was a pretty gosh darn good husband this year.

13. Who's behavior made you appalled or depressed?
lots of behavior surrounding the presidential election this year.

14. Where did most of your money go?

probably the mortgage.
Target would sadly be a close second.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

going to the beach, birthdays, game nights with a house full of people

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?

Beautiful Life by Fisher

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
maybe a little sadder... just kind of lonely
b) thinner or fatter? the same
c) richer or poorer? poorer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

vacation, print photos and get them in albums, keep in better touch with long distance friends

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

spend money, procrastinate (as usual)

20. How did you spend Christmas?

here at home, in our jammies all day with my mom and dad here

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?

Yes; with my boy's hilarious three-year-old personalilty (and his favorite line... "I love you so much"), with listening to my daughter read me stories and write her own books and poems, and with my husband of 6 1/2 years as I marvel at how much he sacrifices for me and our family.
And with Oreo truffles and with my hairdresser.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Pushing Daisies

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

no

24. What was the best book you read?

The Secret Life of Bees

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Pandora

26. What did you want and get?

a flash for my camera
a thoughtful surprise :)
health and happiness for our family

27. What did you want and not get?

thinner
a new, bigger car
a baby

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Once
Or maybe Wall*E

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

Ryan gave me the surprise of my life and had my best friend, whom I hadn't seen in four years, fly in from Oregon to spend my birthday with me. We had a great week and I had an amazingly happy birthday doing all of my favorite things. I turned 33.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
completing an adoption

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

I tried a little harder... accessorizing a little more. Still a jeans and t-shirt mom for the most part.

32. What kept you sane?

my husband. Unless he was the one driving me insane. Then it would be blogging.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

hmmm...

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

again with the presidential election... lots of issues, lots of stirring

35. Who did you miss?

old friends, our first small group at River West

36. Who was the best new person you met?

I had the most fun meeting Kim on the blog trip

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.

Forgiveness is huge.
Be the kind of friend that you want.
Back up all digital photos!!!

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Can't think because there's New Years in Times Square music performances on tv....
Plus I'm just really bad at coming up with things like this. I will work on this one though and be back to fill it in!

Happy New Year! Here's to a very blessed 2009!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, i am so flattered! :) can't wait to see you guys again in a few months.

happy new year! hope your 2009 is wonderful.

Burgh Baby said...

Happy New Year!

So sad that 2009 won't include lots of Pushing Daisies. :-(

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP