Thursday, November 20, 2008

is it Friday yet?

I didn't get as much done yesterday as I wanted to. It was the first day with the house to myself again, the first day in awhile of being truly back in the routine without houseguests. I got (most of) my laundry done and some leaves raked and dishes done. And lots of just hang out with my baby boy time. But now today I'm wishing I would have done more because it's pressing in around me. It's just one of those days where we're all stuck inside and it's overwhelming. How does this house end up in chaos so easily???

All four of us were gone all morning; Savannah to school, Sawyer and I to bible study, and Ryan to the plastic surgeon. He had five cysts removed from his face today and is home now recuperating. We are all, in fact, home now. Which normally is a very nice thing. Not so nice today. Ryan's tired and sore and grumpy and the kids are loud and bouncy and fly back and forth between being too happy and then grumpy themselves. Let's pray nap time happens well today. For all of our sakes.

If I can just get through today, I'm looking forward to tomorrow when both kids are out of the house for a bit. Savannah's even got a date to play elsewhere all afternoon, so it's not just the morning I have "off", but practically the whole day! Woohoo! Whatever will I do with myself?!?

I have excitement planned, let me tell you! I'm going to run some errands, reorganize my linen closet, research regrouting a shower, list some stuff on Craigslist, clean out my fridge, and then hopefully get started on a few Christmas projects.

And just a warning, there will probably be a few lists showing up around here one of these days soon. I have a dozen of them floating around the house and a million of them in my head so you know there going to end up here sooner or later. Lists of ideas for all the holidays, lists of gifts, lists of things to do for school, lists of things to get out in the mail, lists of calls to make, lists of regular meals and groceries, lists of supplies I need for homemade gifts... lists of lists of lists.

As a matter of fact, here's today's list:
  1. make get Sawyer to nap
  2. keep husband fed and warm and drugged up
  3. snuggle on the comfy couch and watch Wall*E with the kids
  4. figure out dinner
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go put some effort into #1.

What's on your list today?

0 comments:

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP