Saturday, April 19, 2008

ta-da

I know some of you were anxious to see how the much feared anticipated cake turned out...
I just really haven't had two seconds to go through any pictures or post anything. The past week has just been a blur of go, go, go and I haven't had two seconds to stop and think.

Big question on my mind this weekend...Why is it that life throws things at you all at once; physically, emotionally, and schedule-ey? Gah! I need a minute to come up for air! I need to get off this ride and stop spinning long enough to think. You know when sometimes you just need a pause button on your world so you can stop and gather your thoughts and gather some energy to spend on situations that are begging your complete emotional attention? But you can't and it's always just sitting in the back of your mind, trying to distract you from the everyday life (or busier than everyday life) motions you have to go through...

Anyway.
For now, this will have to do. I'll go through all my pics soon. And I'll be back when I can with talk about the party, plus all that's been keeping us on the go this weekend. My family is leaving tomorrow afternoon and things should soon be getting back to a quieter normal.
And just so those couple of you curious aren't left hanging in suspense; Savannah's tea party birthday cake:

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE it! gorgeous! think you could make a cake for max's birthday and send it UPS? :)

my3buckaroos said...

I can't believe you made that! It looks great!

jenny said...

awesome! i bet she just LOVED it! i hope you get to hit the pause button soon - i need one myself.

Gabe said...

That looks great!
Where did you find the candles? They're perfect!
-h

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

That cake is SO cute! I'm super impressed!! It turned out beautiful!

Burgh Baby said...

The cake turned out spectacular! I love it.

lina said...

It is just beautiful! Looks like something straight off the cover of a cooking magazine :)
Great job Heather, I'll bet she loved it!

jessica said...

That is one lucky little girl. I didn't know what fondant was, so I was very anxiously awaiting pictures. It is amazing. My kids help decorate their own cakes on their birthdays, which is a much better tradition for a mom like me. I

Anonymous said...

Youare so talented & creative.
Savannah is a very lucky girl to have a cake for her b-day party! What a great idea a tea party is...things are so commercial these days that it's such a nice change.
Thanks for sharing
M

Kristyn said...

What a beautiful cake and a great idea for a birthday party. I am considering the tea party theme for Cloey's 6th birthday after seeing how cute the cake looked. I will never be able to make a cake like that, but the idea is great. Where did the candles come from? I can't wait to see more pictures of the party.

Amy said...

Gorgeous! You, my friend, are talented - well done.

Christina said...

Heather, the cake is amazing!!! You could be on the Food Network's Ace of Cakes show with that one. Have you ever seen the show? They make extraordinary cakes mostly with fondant. It looks like you just became a pro, how wonderful. The tea set candles were so darling too. I'm very impressed. I hope the tea party birthday turned out perfect. I can't wait to see more pix.

Katie said...

You're ridiculous! That's amazing! You and fondant should hang out together more often!

jessica said...

GREAT JOB! thank you for posting it, hope you didn't feel harassed. you should be so proud of yourself! it is so very cute! would love to see more photos of the party... i am going to tackle fondant again this week and hopefully i can do it the justice you did! the hardest part in my opinion is doing the cake itself, i hate that part. i am going to be using those same bright colors too, plus orange and maybe yellow :)

Tracy said...

Cute, cute, cute!! You could definitely have your own cake making business!!

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP