Monday, December 31, 2007

new years eve

Hope you're all enjoying this last day of 2007. We've just run a few errands and hung around the house with Ryan, Nicole and Porter. I have a little prep work to get done today for our Dinner tomorrow, and tonight we'll all just be hanging out, playing games (just the four of us, just like last year!), drinking milkshakes and eating a crapload of sausage and cheese and crackers. We're toying with the idea of letting Savannah stay up and seeing how long she lasts. She seems to think she can stay up 'til midnite... even though she has no idea when midnite is!! I don't think this kid has seen the other side of 10pm in her whole life, so we'll see what happens!!
*****

So I did a meme last year to remember the highlights in 2006, and this year I came across one on Sundry Mourning that I just loved. This is her fourth year answering the same questions and I thought that would be awfully fun to look back on each year. So I thought I'd do my own version and hope to repeat it when the end of each year rolls around again...

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?

Moved to Missouri

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Here are my resolutions from last year. I didn't do so hot in keeping up on all of those.
This year I'm keeping it simple... in the health/weightloss arena... I will drink more water, use a pedometer and set actual goals for walking more.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

My sister in law Holly had Tasi in May, along with Sunshine having Logan a week before that, and The Malones had little Yuri this past July.
Tons of new preggos this year too!!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No

5. What countries did you visit?

Just other states in the good ol' US of A

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?

friends... moving across the country twice in one year is not real condusive for building tons of friendships

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 23rd -Savannah's first haircut (at 4 years old!) -14 inches!!
June 25th -closed on our new house
Sept 16th- Jenn and Greg's wedding

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
hmm... achievement makes me think of a lot of effort put into something, and nothing big like that comes to mind.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not doing my best when it comes to patience with my kids and being engaged with them as much as I should be day in and day out.
Also our budget. I was not too good with that these last few months.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Real dining room furniture... love it!

12. Who's behavior merited celebration?
Our good friends who have made two trips down to see us in the last 6 months to celebrate special events with us... Ryan's Surprise 30th Birthday Party and also now, for our annual New Year's Dinner.

13. Who's behavior made you appalled or depressed?
Britney Spears most definitely.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Probably the mortgage.
Target would be a close second.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Moving, houseguests, new dining room furniture

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?

I think this is a great, fun question... I'm just drawing a blank right now. Maybe Bubbly by Colbie Caillat, just because it was on the radio all the time and we also used it in the kids' photo montage DVD.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
probably the same
b) thinner or fatter? maybe the same
c) richer or poorer? same money stretched thinner, so poorer I guess

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

spent more time at the beach, camping, put more effort into meeting new people in our community

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

wasted time, procrastinated

20. How did you spend Christmas?

here at home, just us in our jammies all day

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?

Yes; with my baby's turning into a little boy, with my little girl's becoming so much her own little person, with my husband's Mint Oreo milkshakes, with my bubble bath, and my big new house.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

The Office, Lost, How I Met Your Mother

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Hate is a strong word...

24. What was the best book you read?

hmmm... kinda sad, but I'm not sure if I could name one. I have lots of good books lined up to read this year though.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ryan found me an old Bebo Norman Christmas cd from before he had a label... love it!

26. What did you want and get?

a new camera!! Ryan surprised me with it on a house hunting trip to St Louis.

27. What did you want and not get?

the basement finished

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Can I come back to this one?

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

Ryan played hooky from work and we all baked Christmas cookies and then drove around and looked at Christmas lights. I turned 32.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
finding a church home, having more friends/ groups to do things with

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?

um, non-existent?? Jeans and t-shirts

32. What kept you sane?

my husband. Unless he was the one driving me insane.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

hmmm... a crush?

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Debates over interracial adoptions. I guess that could be considered more ethical than political. I mostly like to steer clear off political issues.

35. Who did you miss?

Having family close by, old friends, pretty much everyone in Oregon...

36. Who was the best new person you met?

Probably all of our new neighbors

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
That they "really are only little for such a short time" and every day counts. Cheesy I know, but I'm realizing I'm watching them grow up before my very eyes and I need to remember that and honestly be more intentional about a lot of things especially when it comes to my kids and the people I hope they become.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Again, a great question, but my lame brain has no answer. If I think of one, I'll add it later.

0 comments:

About Me

everyday life © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP